EpicProgress.com - Damage Report February 12th, 2017
A new Trumpist emerges, scientists not welcome, 57 lies in 23 days, a spy revolt, Streep, Bern, and Franken on the offensive, and too trashy for Kmart. This is your Sunday edition of the Daily Trump Damage Report for February 12th, 2017. Buckle up.
• Trump senior policy adviser Steven Miller goes bananas in his debut interview, doubling-down on the lie that massive voter fraud took place, and finally asserting, “The end result of this, though, is that our opponents, the media, and the whole world will soon see, as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial, and will not be questioned.” From initial reviews, he appears to have been reading directly from a script provided to him. Based on this verbatim quote, we here at Epic Progress expect a version of the Reichstag fire of Germany in 1933 is in the early planning stages, and recommend you plan accordingly.
• A US born NASA space scientist was stopped at our borders. He is not permitted to enter the United States until he hands border patrol agents his smartphone, and they demand the access pin. The scientist in question works for Jet Propulsion Laboratories, and the phone in question contains sensitive access information and was provided to him by JPL. The border agents detained him until he unlocked his phone. These invasions of privacy and blatant discriminatory practices are par for the course under Trump and the effects of his executive orders governing travel abroad.
• The Star has assembled a breathless run-down on the 57 largest lies of Donald Trump since he took office 23 days ago. This list does expressly does not include lies from administration spokespersons, nominees, or Press gibbons. Each of these lies issued are not matters of opinion, but rather of recorded fact in the reality we exist in concurrently with each other. They are not assertions of attitude or opinion as in the phrase “I like blue”, but rather statements of falsehood like “Blue is not a color. I’ve heard from a lot of people, and they tell me blue isn’t a color. Blue has never been a color. If you think blue is a color, you are stupid and wrong and believe fake news and the Big Crayola lobby.”
• A subtle spy revolt is taking place against Trump, as the intelligence community of the United States affirms that the White House under Twitler is leaky, deceitful, and infiltrated by Russia – according to The Observer. “There are pervasive concerns that Trump isn’t paying attention to intelligence.” Which is an urgent problem that could possibly result in a sizable terror attack taking place in America due to lack of concern.
• Meryl Streep once again scathes the orange menace in a sharp rebuke, vowing to fight the “brownshirts and bots” of his regime in a speech to the Human Rights Campaign.
• Senator Bernie Sanders accurately refers to Trump as a pathological liar on Meet the Press, and via Realtime with Bill Maher, Senator Al Franken informs us that Senators of Trump’s own party have serious misgivings about Trump’s mental stability. Additionally, based on all evidence available, Trump suffers from malignant narcissistic disorder.
• The GOP Obamacare repeal effort which Trump lauded as a major priority, appears to be headed sharply into the toilet, according to Forbes. As it turns out, annihilating health care insurance coverage for millions of Americans and restoring pre-existing conditions exceptions will passing a massive tax cut for the extraordinarily wealthy may prove more difficult than initially believed.
• According to a recent survey conducted by the American National Election Studies group conducted in January, Trump supporters believe that they are the victims of discrimination against white people and Christians. These precious, sensitive snowflakes have offered to look the other way while imbuing Trump with as much authoritarian power and latitude with the truth as needed in order to avenge their sense of victimhood.
• Private corporations Sears and Kmart have opted to join with Nordstrom and others in dumping Trump-branded merchandise. This is not unexpected from the only brand in the world that could be associated with a casinos going bankrupt.
• SNL hits it out of the park one more time with Melissa McCarthy returning as Press Monster Sean Spicer and Alec Baldwin taking a court to court in this week’s episode. Our fingers are crossed in hopes of a Leslie Jordan as Jeff Sessions, Rosie O’Donnell as Steve Bannon, and Christine Baranski as Betsy DeVos.